- I am a nutritionist specializing in diet in inflammatory skin diseases, such as atopic eczema, psoriasis, rosacea and more. I work individually with patients, supporting them in introducing dietary changes aimed at improving their quality of life.
- Atopic eczema and psoriasis are my main specializations. I also work with other diseases that often coexist with inflammatory skin diseases, such as gastrointestinal disorders, food allergies and intolerances, arthritis, obesity, autoimmune diseases, insulin resistance and insomnia.
- I have obtained a master’s degree in Nutrition and Health (specialization in nutrition and disease) at Wageningen University and Research (WUR).
- As my master’s thesis, I conducted a study on zinc consumption in people with atopic eczema in collaboration with Amsterdam University Medical Centre (Amsterdam UMC). Working with over 200 people suffering from atopic eczema taught me a lot about the crucial, yet underestimated, role of nutrition in inflammatory skin diseases.
- I’m cooperating with the Polish Society of Atopic Diseases as an expert in nutrition in inflammatory skin diseases.
- I have completed multiple courses on topics such as food allergies in children, interpreting diagnostic tests results, nutritional therapy of insulin resistance, interactions between diet and medications, the role of nutrition in regulating menstrual cycle disorders and more. I have also participated in a 10-week physiology course, organized by Harvard Medical School (HMX Fundamentals).
- I have completed an internship at the Knowledge Institute for Nutrition and Skin (Kennisinstituut voor Voeding en Huid), for which I prepared a course on nutrition and supplementation in atopic eczema.
- I am a co-author of a study on the consumption of macronutrients by people with atopic eczema in the Netherlands (the publication is preparation).